MANCINI EXPLAINS TEVEZ SNUB

The manager of Manchester City, Roberto Mancini, has backed his decision of not including the start striker Carlos Tevez in the first XI in the match against Arsenal which was played on Sunday.

Manchester City didn’t manage to win that match and the match ended in a draw. Carlos Tevez has been in fantastic form in the current season. So, his exclusion from the starting line up against Arsenal was a bit strange.

But, Mancini explained why Tevez had been sidelined in Sunday’s match to Man City news. The Manchester City manager said, “Tevez had worked very hard on his fitness before the start of the season. So, he looked extremely fit for the first 20 days. But, he went to Argentina for having some rest and that rest has affected his fitness a bit. That was the main reason why we decided not to include him in the first XI against Arsenal. He will get into his groove in a couple of days and you might see him starting the match against Villa.”

Manchester City has not lost even a single game in the ongoing Premier League and they will take on Aston Villa on Tuesday. Mancini looked quite happy with the performance of City so far in the season.

Mancini said, “We are going all right. We are definitely capable of winning the league again and we are determined for it. We could have played a bit better against Arsenal, but, that game has gone now. We need to look forward to the upcoming games and we would like to return to winning ways against Villa.”

When asked about the dismal performance of the defenders in the ongoing season, Mancini said, “Our defenders has struggled a bit in the season so far, but, they are the experienced ones. I am sure they will regain their form back in the upcoming matches.”

Barry closing in on injury recovery

Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry is progressing well in his battle to recover from an operation on his hernia, although as yet neither player nor club has pencilled in a definite date for his return to the first team squad.

Barry has yet to take to the field for City this season, but the news that he is on his way back to full fitness will be a relief to fans and manager Roberto Mancini following a rather shaky defence of their title in the first few matches of the new season.

City are the favourites with both the majority of the football writers and with those betting on the outcome, at online casino and sports bet sites many of which also offer other games such as online blackjack Australia, to retain the Premier League title this season, but they have looked less than convincing in the opening matches.

After needing two late goals to overcome newly promoted Southampton at the Etihad in their first match the team went on to require another late goal from Carlos Tevez to salvage a point against Liverpool. There has also been concerns expressed amongst fans and the media about the four goals conceded in those matches, which indicates that the steel that a player like Barry adds to the centre of midfield is something badly needed.

Barry has taken to the field again, in the wake of his operation, playing for the 45 minutes of the Elite Development Squad’s game against Middlesbrough, and he is hopeful that a return to first team action for City will be possible before long:

“I’m not a good spectator and I don’t enjoy watching the games,” Barry said in an interview with the official Manchester City website, adding:

“I’d much rather be out there playing so I’m obviously really looking forward to getting my season off and running again.”

CARLOS CANT CHANGE

The manager of Manchester City, Roberto Mancini, has said that it is not possible for anyone to change the attitude of Carlos Tevez. According to Mancini, he is an unpredictable character and no one can change him. Mancini said that he doesn’t want to change anyone. He just wants all the players to respect the club.

In the last season, there was a controversy between Carlos Tevez and Roberto Mancini. After a match against Bayern Munich, Mancini had said that he wanted Tevez to go on the field as a substitute, but, Tevez refused to go. But, Tevez said that Mancini didn’t tell him to go on the field. Mancini had also said that Tevez should be left out of the Manchester City team. After this incident, Sheikh Mansour, the owner of the club, talked with Mancini. After that meeting, Mansour placed the Argentinian footballer on the Garden Leave. He said that the club would pay full salary to Carlos, but, Carlos would not be allowed to enter the practice ground of Manchester City. This created an awkward situation for Carlos Tevez.

In February this year, Carlos publicly said that he is sorry for his behaviour and he should not have behaved like that. He had also said that he wants to play for Manchester City again. Thereafter, he was called back in the team in March. After returning back in the team, Tevez performed well and he was a vital contributor in the Premier League victory of Manchester City.

On being asked about his dispute with the coach last season, Carlos said that he has forgotten what happened last year. He is looking forward to the upcoming season. He is working hard on his game in the training sessions and wants to make some valuable contribution for the team.

CLUBS HAVE POWER

Manchester City chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak has certain that the stance adopted by the club in their war with striker Carlos Tevez is a landmark because it has shown the world that the club still have a lot of power.

It has been widely argued that player power is much bigger nowadays, but the Manchester city chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak has said that the stance adopted by the club in the war with Carlos Tevez proves that clubs still have a lot of bargaining power. Carlos Tevez refused to play for the club in the September of last season, and went AWOL for most of the season.

However, he was accepted back into the side by manager Roberto Mancini after he issued an apology for his actions. He came extremely close to leaving the club last January transfer window, but the club refused to give up on the fight to retain the player who still had three years left on his original contract. Due to his excessive wages, the interested clubs were not willing to pay more than £ 25 million for his services, while Manchester City demanded £ 40 million. Carlos Tevez ended up staying at the club after he was left with no other options.

"It was a landmark. We cannot allow ourselves, as a club, to be mucked around. It was a hell of a gamble for me, not to let him leave for AC Milan in January, because he could have sat out all year, but not played for us and lost his value. But I was firm that we are not rich people to be taken advantage of, to give him what he wants and let the market screw us," he said. The 28-year-old is still expected to be sold in the summer as part of a major revamp at Manchester city.

TEVEZ IN TROUBLE

Manchester United have said that they have accepted the apology from Manchester City and Carlos Tevez following the sign from the Argentine that showed 'RIP Fergie' during their victory parade in Manchester.

More than 100,000 people gathered in Manchester in order to celebrate Manchester City win their first Premier league title. During the open top bus parade, Carlos Tevez showed a sign that said 'RIP Fergie'.

It has caused an outrage amongst Manchester United supporters, who have never really forgotten the way Carlos Tevez left them to join their archrivals Manchester city a few years ago.

It is thought that Carlos Tevez show the sign in order to mention that Sir Alex Ferguson once said that he will never allow Manchester United to be below City in the table in his lifetime. Due to the fact that City are now ahead of United in the table and that they have also won the title, Carlos Tevez seems to have displayed the same.

However, it has caused an outrage amongst Manchester United and their supporters. Manchester city apologized for the incident, while Carlos Tevez also extended his apologies by saying that he considers Sir Alex Ferguson to be a great man and a great manager. However, he got carried away with the excitement of the moment.

"It looked to me rather silly, more than anything else - an impetuous, silly thing to do. It certainly wasn't very sensible. I think it was a very excitable moment, emotions were running very high. As I understand it, and I stand to be corrected, I think someone passed this thing to Tevez who just sort of put it in the air, so I don't think it's the most serious thing I've ever come across. But I don't know all the facts and I would leave it to the people (at the FA) who will look at it professionally," said the FA chairman David Bernstein.

AC FLY IN FOR TEVEZ TALKS

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani will be visiting Manchester City over the weekend to hold talks with the club over the future of striker Carlos Tevez.

Carlos Tevez will be leaving the club in the January transfer window, but the destination has been undecided yet. Manchester City are yet to agree terms with any other club over the sale of striker.

They were demanding around £ 40 million for the striker back in the summer, but after the problems with the club, his value has dropped to around £ 25 million. AC Milan have been holding informal negotiations with the club for over a month now, but there has not been any progress.

Hence, AC Milan will be sending out their CEO Adriano Galliani in order to discuss terms with the club. It is thought that AC Milan were initially only willing to take Carlos Tevez on a loan deal, which would be then be made permanent in the summer for a fee of around £ 20 million.

Manchester City are not looking to loan him out initially and they are also unwilling to accept the transfer fee proposed by AC Milan. Even though the top official at AC Milan is going to be in discussions with Manchester City, the future of Carlos Tevez still remains uncertain.

Manchester City also revealed that Inter Milan are also interested in signing the striker. Inter Milan have a number of aged players in their squad and they are looking to bring down the overall age of the squad significantly.

It is thought that players like Diego Milito will be departing the club in the summer and they are looking for a replacement of the Argentine. Manchester city are yet to agree a fee with Inter Milan as well.

Pages